Amway Mail

Page 46

Monday, May 15, 2000

Subject: Your hilarious Amway commentary!

    Thank you soooo much for making me finally see the light as an Amway
distributor!  After I read your satire, I realized that this business is
only for people with the STONES to do it.
The rest of YOU can stay broke.

All the best!

ps:  So how's WORK?

Tuesday, May 16, 2000

Subject: Re: Your hilarious Amway commentary!

    It's very good, thanks.  How's your retirement working out for you?

Note: I always end my mail with this quote, even though I usually cut it from the response page:

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man."
                -- George Bernard Shaw

Also note, I am leaving in the first name for the rest of this exchange, since we refer to each other on a first
name basis repeatedly.  I have only cut the last name.  If this is a problem, I trust Joe will let me know.

Tuesday, May 16, 2000

    Hey Russsell!  Thanks for the response!  As for my retirement, there's no
such thing.  It's now time to move onto those pursuits to help others-
something at some time or other, we all wished we could do but couldn't find
the time to do it as we were too busy slaving for someone else.
I personally have a disdain for the abuse of powers by our (Canadian)
Criminal Justice System, however, fighting it takes time and consumes a
great deal of money.
My background is law-enforcement and law...WAY TOO many abuses!
I wish I could afford to help EVERYONE.  In the mean time, I'll just have to
keep sharing the idea of personal consumption via the Amway Corporation's
sister company- Quixtar.com -which has partnered with IBM and MicroSoft.
You see, Bill Gates' people thought it was a good idea to set up the number
1 digital destination on the WEB.
But if you've got a BETTER, B I G G E R   idea, then tell I, I preethee.

GOD BLESS you endeavours, Good, Right & True.
Your new friend(if you wish):  Joe!
ps: Thanks for agreeing with me Re: G.B. Shaw's commentary!  We all need to
"Know our limits...and then FORGET ABOUT 'EM!"

Thursday, May 18, 2000

    > Hey Russsell!  Thanks for the response!  As for my retirement, there's no
> such thing.

Gee, you've been in Amway and you're not retired YET?  Get with the program,
man!

> It's now time to move onto those pursuits to help others-
> something at some time or other, we all wished we could do but couldn't
find
> the time to do it as we were too busy slaving for someone else.
> I personally have a disdain for the abuse of powers by our (Canadian)
> Criminal Justice System, however, fighting it takes time and consumes a
> great deal of money.
> My background is law-enforcement and law...WAY TOO many abuses!
> I wish I could afford to help EVERYONE.  In the mean time, I'll just have
> keep sharing the idea of personal consumption via the Amway Corporation's
> sister company- Quixtar.com -which has partnered with IBM and MicroSoft.
> You see, Bill Gates' people thought it was a good idea to set up the
number
> 1 digital destination on the WEB.

I hate to disillusion you, sir, but if you have been told that IBM and
Microsoft are partners in Quixtar, you are badly mistaken.  Quixtar is a
customer of Microsoft and IBM.  IBM provides hardware and Microsoft provides
internet tools.  Quixtar is therefore no more of a partner with them than I
am.  "Bill Gates' people" neither know anything about the business nor care.

And while I admire your desire to help everyone, I'd like to hear how you
plan to do that by selling them overpriced products and even more overpriced
motivation from an online shopping mall.

As for the number one digital destination on the web, that honor goes to
Amazon.com.

> But if you've got a BETTER, B I G G E R   idea, then tell I, I preethee.

It's "prithee" or "pray thee".  "Preethee" isn't a word.

See, this is the problem with you guys... you're just looking for someone to
hand you your riches on a silver platter.  "What can YOU do to make me
rich?"  "Well my UPLINE is telling me how to get rich!"  Whatever happened
to achieving financial success by your own damn SELF?  You know, being
competent at your job, investing your money, not overspending your budget on
useless coats, diamonds, and flashy cars that make you appear rich when
you're not.  (HELLOOOO, Amway distributors!)  What's the matter, is it too
hard for you to survive out there in the real world?  Do you need somebody
to hold your hand?  Awwww, poor you.

I'm not here to make you rich.  My web site is in place to warn you about a
financial scam that will make you go broke.  If you choose not to listen to
that warning, that's totally your business.  Suppose I told you, "Don't give
your credit card number to that guy over the phone, he's just going to turn
around and use it to rack up a bunch of charges and rip you off!"  And you
said, "Well, if I don't give him my credit card number, how am I supposed to
get rich?"  Wouldn't you call that a stupid question?

If you want to know how people get rich here on planet earth, you can spend
some time reading my favoriate "finance and life" web site, The Motley Fool
(http://www.fool.com).

> GOD BLESS you endeavours, Good, Right & True.
> Your new friend(if you wish):  Joe!

Look, Joe, I have nothing against you.  If you manage to retire using
Amway/Quixtar, that's great.  If you want to come back in a year or so and
tell me how close you are to retiring, that's also great.  If you want to
show me some verifiable profit and loss records, that's even greater.  And
if you just want to send me transaction records of stuff you've bought on
the web so I can see how cheap it is, I'd even appreciate that -- I've not
done any price comparisons on Quixtar products yet.

> ps: Thanks for agreeing with me Re: G.B. Shaw's commentary!  We all need
> "Know our limits...and then FORGET ABOUT 'EM!"

I'm looking, but I don't see anything in Shaw's quote about forgetting your
limits.  It's the rest of the world's limits that he's talking about.

Sunday, May 21, 2000

    Hey Russ!
I can see from your response that you're an intelligent and analytical man,
so there's really not much I have to say to you as it relates to criticism.
Our belief systems are based upon what we perceive via our senses, so I am
not surprised by the way you've relayed your perceptions.
Perhaps some of the people you've known as distributors have been less than
perfect.
I appreciate what I perceived to be an invitation to disclosure, etc. now or
in the future.
Please understand, Amway is 1 business vehicle.  The products are excellent,
ergo, if I'm gonna brush myy teeth anyway...you get the point.
As for the term "partnering", the general definition by which I perceive
that you've chosen to ascribe thereto concerns the legal descriptions for
conventional types of associates sharing either joint, several or specific
liabilities.
Quixtar is a digital site owned entirely by Amway Corp. and by allowing
MicroSoft, IBM, Fry Mulit-Media, etc. to create and support its
infrastructure, then it cannot have any partners in that strict sense.
In the "associate" sense, however, that term was used to draw attention to
the kinds of players involved as the conventional world holds a certain
respect for such companies.
I beg to differ whether or not Bill Gates cares as I think it unlikely that
MS would want to attach its name to anything less than favorable.
As for overpriced products, I cannot persuade you here.  The fact is you are
mistaken concerning the Core-Line.
As for GB. Shaw, read it again: He's saying that PROGRESS relies upon the
UNREASONABLE MAN.
As for your rebuttal Re:  Something Better, that's a cop-out.  No one ever
said investing et al wasn't any good.
As for using other people, what business doesn't?..thus, what's you're real
problem, othar than YOU CAN'T DO IT?...sorrry, that was unfair.  That is a
human being can do whatever they wish.
As for READ BOOKS on success...You NEVER were on system.
Why do youy put soooo much energy in your site?  Do you make money?
Please tell me you're not another......
I've said too much.
I have nothing against you, except that you remind me of ME once upon a
time.
I'd give you a quote but you'd probably criticise that too, besides pearls
are not for those who don't recognize their value.

What to say?
Farewell.

Monday, May 22, 2000

    > Hey Russ!
> I can see from your response that you're an intelligent and analytical
man,
> so there's really not much I have to say to you as it relates to
criticism.

You don't agree, but at least you think my brainless emotions are valid.  :)

> Our belief systems are based upon what we perceive via our senses, so I
am
> not surprised by the way you've relayed your perceptions.
> Perhaps some of the people you've known as distributors have been less
than
> perfect.

Have you read my feedback page at all?
http://www.apollowebworks.com/amway/mail/index.html

I don't look for perfection in people.  Simpler things, like integrity,
competence, and the ability to reason for oneself instead of spouting canned
phrases, would certainly be nice.

> I appreciate what I perceived to be an invitation to disclosure, etc. now
or
> in the future.

Then I can only hope you will take me up on it someday.

> Please understand, Amway is 1 business vehicle.  The products are
excellent,
> ergo, if I'm gonna brush myy teeth anyway...you get the point.

Rationalizations, Joe.  Amway products are not cheaper or better than
products that don't need an MLM gimmick to sell... even when they're
"concentrated."

> As for the term "partnering", the general definition by which I perceive
> that you've chosen to ascribe thereto concerns the legal descriptions for
> conventional types of associates sharing either joint, several or
specific
> liabilities.
> Quixtar is a digital site owned entirely by Amway Corp. and by allowing
> MicroSoft, IBM, Fry Mulit-Media, etc. to create and support its
> infrastructure, then it cannot have any partners in that strict sense.
> In the "associate" sense, however, that term was used to draw attention
> the kinds of players involved as the conventional world holds a certain
> respect for such companies.

The term is being used falsely by Quixtar promoters to leech onto the
perceived respectability that Microsoft has, so that people won't focused on
the perceived disrespectability of Amway.  It is done without Microsoft's
knowledge or consent.  I'm sorry, but your sponsors who said that Microsoft
is involved were, in fact, lying.

http://members.tripod.com/~nomorescams/quixtarupdate.htm

<<
According to their Quixtar information web site,

"Also please disregard any rumors/reports that state specific well-known
individuals (e.g., Bill Gates, Donald Trump) are involved in the QUIXTAR
business, as those reports are untrue."

And for more discussion on this issue, see
http://www.apollowebworks.com/amway/argument/index.html#partners

> I beg to differ whether or not Bill Gates cares as I think it unlikely
that
> MS would want to attach its name to anything less than favorable.
> As for overpriced products, I cannot persuade you here.  The fact is you
are
> mistaken concerning the Core-Line.

Apparently you are not getting this.  Microsoft hasn't attached its name to
Quixtar at all.  It's also not the case that any old piece of junk software
that happens to be programmed in Visual Studio, or office memo that happens
to be written in Microsoft Word, is in any way "associated" with Microsoft.
I'm writing this in MS Outlook.  Apparently you think Microsoft has stamped
its seal of approval on this letter.

> As for GB. Shaw, read it again: He's saying that PROGRESS relies upon the
> UNREASONABLE MAN.

Yep.  That's what it says.  Except for using the word "relies" instead of
"depends", you just read me exactly what the quote is saying.

> As for your rebuttal Re:  Something Better, that's a cop-out.  No one
ever
> said investing et al wasn't any good.

Yes they did.  The FIRST message of Amway is that "traditional" methods of
getting rich are hopeless.  Your job won't make you rich, you'll retire
broke, owning a (real) business is too hard and costs too much money, and
the stock market will wipe you out.  This is core stuff.  You should know
it.

> As for using other people, what business doesn't?

So you are at least agreeing that Amway does use people.  The assumption
underlying your question is false.  The way businesses work is, they provide
a product or service that people want.  When people want the product or
service more than they want the money, they spend the money to get the
stuff.  The business is happy because they've got money, the customer is
happy because they have something useful, tasty, or fun.  It's supply and
demand.

What Amway does, on the other hand, is to convince people that they should
buy the product because purchasing will make them rich.  Distributor will
then attempt to convince themselves that they need to pay premium prices
because it will lead them to riches.  It doesn't, of course.  That's why
Amway is a con job.

> ..thus, what's you're real
> problem, othar than YOU CAN'T DO IT?...sorrry, that was unfair.

Sure, but you can go ahead and think that if it makes you feel better.

> That is a
> human being can do whatever they wish.
> As for READ BOOKS on success...You NEVER were on system.
> Why do youy put soooo much energy in your site?  Do you make money?

That's such a good question, I'm planning to add it to my FAQ page.  I'll
tell you when it's done.

> Please tell me you're not another......
> I've said too much.

I have no idea what the heck you were trying to say there.

> I have nothing against you, except that you remind me of ME once upon a
> time.

I'm sorry to hear that your have such a low opinion of yourself that you
would hold it against me when I remind you of you.

Of course I've heard that tactic before; standard tactic.  The implication,
of course, is: (A) to belittle me for having less experience than you, and
(B) to make me see that I, like you, will see the light and sign up.
Obviously, since I understand the system so much less than you, I just have
to gain a little more wisdom and then I'll be in YOUR position.

Well, don't hold your breath.  And don't kid yourself.  I know more about
Amway than you, and I've had more experience with it than you.
http://www.apollowebworks.com/amway/argument/index.html#threeweeks

> I'd give you a quote but you'd probably criticise that too, besides
pearls
> are not for those who don't recognize their value.

Ooooh, very clever way of calling me a swine, Joe.  You're so subtle and
polite that I'm not even supposed to recognize when you're insulting me.

Bye now.

Monday, May 22, 2000

    Hey Russ!
Actually, I was not calling you a swine.  The quote was: "With God, all
things are possible."  And I was about to ask if you were another "whiner"
when you replied you didn't know what the heck I was talking about.
Best Wishes for your success...Sincerely.

Monday, May 22, 2000

    Sorry, Russ.
This is a follow-up on the last e-mail I sent you.
As for my reading your feedback, I am disappointed that so many responses by
other, apparent(?) distributors are with malice.
Why shouldn't you have the freedom to express what you believe in?
Rather than try to persuade others by words, actions are much more
exemplary.
I find that you are an intelligent person who simply has a variation of
opinion.  I further find that such an opinion, because of the tone- meaning
assertive and not rude -of your replies to me indicate that you have
experienced a personally distasteful side(s) to the particular business you
were involved in.
If I could, I would apologize on behalf of those who chose to lash out
vis-a-vis your commentary avec malice.
I for one, having failed at satisfying my hunger for personal peace via the
"get" mentality of living for the preponderance of my life, attempt to serve
others in the mere hope, or perhaps sheer faith that something
extraordinarily good will result.  And so, having verbosely stating that, I
wish to say that if the Amway business has harmed or offended you in some
way, please understand that it's PEOPLE, not products and/or services, that
make or break the integrity of any organization.
Sometimes, those people require forgiveness.
Hope that helps a bit.
Great Wishes for your Life Russell!
Respectfully, Joe.

Monday, May 22, 2000

    Joe,

I think I ought to apologize as well... I should not have come at you in
such a hostile fashion (i.e., "can't make it in the real world").  You can
probably see from my mail page that I have grown to expect a certain level
of anger and resentment from distributors, and I occasionally feel justified
to respond in kind.

Regardless, I continue to believe that you are in error about the business,
and I will maintain that it goes deeper than a few impolite individuals.  I
am coming at this from the perspective of someone with a college degree,
making good money, and having some understanding of economics.  I think the
business model is simply flawed.  Not only do 99% of distributors fail to
make any money at all, but I feel that it is intrinsic to MLM that the
majority will have to lose money.

So here's your partial answer to why I spent all this time crafting the web
page (besides the fact that web development is enjoyable to me): I see that
people who exit Amway come out with deep guilt complexes about being
"failures".  These guilt complexes are intentionally planted by system
indoctrination.  I don't like to see people become dejected for bad reasons,
because in my experience, "real" business does have a lot to offer.  So
there you go.

That said, I wish you success in the business.  I'd like you to make me a
promise, though.  In a year, I'd like you to write me again, and tell me
objectively how the business has worked out for you financially.  That means
HONESTY -- no fudging your income by reporting how much money goes through
you and your downline combined, and no glossing over of your expenses
either.  I'll acknowledge your progress if it is real.  But if it turns out
I was right, you will back me up by writing something useful to future
readers, won't you?

Tuesday, May 23, 2000

    Dear Russell:

I will save your e-mail and agree to contact you in 1 year.
May I thank you tremendously for this e-mail as it shows the kind of person
you truly are.
May I further agree with you when I say that "guilt" is completely
associated with failure.  However, failure is not honestly perceived most of
the time- I speak here of myself throughout life's experiences.
For example, it's natural and easy for me to criticize my wife over issues.
Usually, a little time passes, though before I realize that it was "I" who
has failed somehow as a leader of my household to approach those situations
with concern for the other person.
A wise person once told me that:

"Laws are made in the abscence of Love, because if we loved oneanother, we'd
have no need of laws since we'd always have out going concern and
consideration for others.  So we wouldn't need things like Speed-Limits,
etc."

When I fail at dealing with life's situations, especially where it concerns
my lovely wife, I used to experience guilt.  Now, though, I experience
personal disgust, because I feel that if I haven't grown as a man over these
years, than I've squandoured time- and I have.

So, when we talk about MLMs and the feelings of failure at not achieving,
what we may be saying is that there's something in our lives that is
lacking.  Attacking via criticism, the problem is likened to having an
intoxiating drink; that is, it feels good and justified for a time.  Upon
sobering though, nothing has really changed.

I am learning that "change" is a process.

You might have thought at the beginning of our communiques, that it was I
who was attempting to educate you about something or other, herein Amway.
However, I truly tell you that it is you who have taught me that people who
are about to feel "guilt" or destructiove emotions, need immediate and
assertive support by someone who cares.

Last night, my oldest friend in the world, indeed my sponsor, called me from
the hospital.  He was fine when I spoke to him 48 hours ago- healthy as a
horse; the kind o' guy who never gets sick!
He's contracted something in his left leg.  It is a type of bacteria that is
rapidly augmenting throughout the limb and the medical professionals aren't
certain what it is.  My friend joked with me that he & I could be spending
lot of time together as he could have his leg amputated and that I could
loan him a prosthesis- my demise via motorcycle, 1988.

Russell, you have reinspired me to get out there and help people who ARE
experiencing destructive emotions and quit dwelling on my own little
problems.

You have spoken TRUTH in this e-mail.  I am humbled by your realness herein.
  My friend above (Paul) always advised me to "Show them (people) your heart
Joe, and they'll want to be around you."
Russell, today you've reminded me of my priorities.

Thank you.  Talk to you in 1 year, GOD willing.

Your Friend
Joe

Tuesday, May 16, 2000

Subject: Your Amway story (part 3)

    Russell

I am an old cynical Scotsman who has just been to an Amway presentation

My first thoughts were what a load of sh***

But some of the folks at the presentation were well and truely hooked on
the "Business"

Thanks for you story and the web page I am going to use it to try and
prevent these folks being
sucked into Amway.............................

Wednesday, May 17, 2000

Subject: Finished your Amway story...

    WOW! What a story. And well written, too.

I got suckered into Quixtar just 2 weeks ago, not  realizing until I
registered that it was just Amway online(found that out when I read the
agreement. The "A" word was never mentioned at the STP meeting.) Thanks to
you and others who have shared their experiences, I can happily say that I
am out with minimal losses($29.95+shipping). Unfortunately, my
friend("sponsor") is still a believer. She knows I'm really skeptical, but
thinks I might still be interested. I'm going with her to the next
"opportunity meeting" next week. I will be armed with all the info I've
obtained from my extensive research, and I intend to blow this Diamond
shithead out of the water. And hopefully save my friend. Wish me luck. I'll
write again after the "opportunity blowout"<g>.

Thanks again for the story

Thursday, May 18, 2000

    Hi Russell,
         I read your Amway story and think it's great, even if some
dialogues  were probably a little bit embellished. I am sort of an indirect
victim of Amway as a child of FORMER distributors. I watched in amazement as
my usually rational and calm parents got sucked into a scheme even me and my
two brothers could see through at the tender age of fourteen, thirteen and
ten. They bought so many motivational tapes which just ended up making them
feel worse and spent so much time running around that they were completely
exhausted and had no time for us.
Amway promises that your kids will respect you once you have made a lot of
money, so that sacrifice of a healthy family life will be overlooked later.
That is complete nonsense. A life of virtue and true wealth is one of both
moderation and consistency. Acutally, the whole experience was probably good
for me in that it made me examine at a fairly early age what I want my own
values to be and how I will live my life. These people get themselves into a
position of desperation through their own excessive greed.
Incidentally, I am Australian and my parents were introduced to the scheme
through a fellow church member who, as far as I know, is still living in
much harsher circumstances than my more educated parents. The reason that
Amway has "spread" to 80 countries is that it is insatiable for the gullible
and ill-informed. My own husband is Indian and I laugh when I hear of the
pitches that Amway is trying to make to citizens of that country. The
organisation is, by it's very nature, a parasite. It depends upon
well-formed structures such as churches ( the West) and extensive families
(Indian and many East Asian societies) in order to peddle its lies. Once it
has exploited those structures to the maximum ( caring whether or not it
destroys them) it tries to find new societies where social ties are very
strong. Keep up the good work. If I hear anyone try their Amway pitch on me
again, I will refer them to your site.

                                                           regards,

Tuesday, May 23, 2000

    Dear Russell,
Just read your experience with Amway, feel your pain. My sister is now
in the Amway/Quixtar trip. She has been pushing this down my throat as
well as every family member and friend she can get her hands on.
Fortunately I did not fall for her trap, I decided to arm myself with
knowledge as you did and spent time researching the company. She was
furious with me as you can well imagine when I refused her constant
attempts to seduce me and my husband into the Amway vision!!! What
bull...She has not made any serious money to my knowledge, however she
spends lots of money on trips and tapes and every other thing they con
her into purchasing. She still believes she will be a millionaire some
day as she had her own website now on the quixtar spinoff. I thank you
that you and others are out there to warn people about the risks. None
of these amway robots tell you the realities of all the months costs
that they try to coerce you into purchasing. Not to mention the travel
time and loss of family time to go to all these crazy meetings. It is
tough to sit back and not rain on her parade, but I have just politely
divorced myself from the whole thing.
Anyway, thank you for your effort, it is definitely not in vain....take
care, Kate Hines

Tuesday, May 23, 2000

Subject: Your Amway story (part 2)

    I ENJOYED YOUR AMWAY STORY FULLY.  I AM AN EX-DISTRIBUTOR.  AFTER TWO YEARS
OF EXHAUSTION I FINALLY LEFT.  I WAS STARTINGTO PUT MY FAMILY IN 2ND PLACE TO
THIS COMPANY AND THATS WHEN I WOKE UP.  MY SISTER HOWEVER IS LEFT WITH A
BROKEN MARRIAGE.  WHAT A SHAME.

THANKS FOR THIS SITE.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Tuesday, May 23, 2000

    MY APOLOGIES FOR SENDING MY HAPPY E-MAIL TO THE BASHER SITE.

I THINK IT TAKES ABOUT 5 YEARS TO CLEAR YOUR HEAD FROM AMWAY.  I'VE GOT 2 TO
GO.

TAKE CARE.

Thursday, May 25, 2000

Subject: Amway argument suggestions

    You, of course, have heard of the WorldWide Dreambuilders.  Have you ever
been involved with them?  I doubt it.  If you do your research you will find
out that WWDB does about 26% of all of Amway's volume.  Now the Britt,
Yeager, INA and other organizations are trying to adopt this program.  Did
you know that these other organizations do direct fulfillment and have lost
45-50% of their volume?  WorldWide does standard fulfillment (person to
person) and has increased their volume from 11% in December 1999 to 26% in
April 2000.  By the way WWDB have emeralds and diamonds who teach the system
the same way.  If you go to any WWDB function in the U.S. or Canada you will
hear the same thing.  If you go to another organizations meetings they all
teach it different.  Example, if you have 5 diamonds and/or emeralds in the
same city in these organizations they all teach it different.  If you have 5
diamonds and/or emeralds in the same city in the WWDB organization they all
teach it the same.  It is very easy to duplicate.  No wonder everyone is
confused about all the "Crap" they hear about.  If everyone did it the right
way then no one would be confused.  Another thing is if you do your research
the Amway Corporation has given WWDB the OK to change some things.  Check
out the new PFR and the SA4400 in the WWDB group.  People say they have just
changed things to get away from Amway.  Yea right!  Amway is the major
anchor store on Quixtar and there is no way around that.  When we show the
plan people know they are involved.  We use Amway's marketing structure,
distribution system and receive the highest profitability from using or
selling their products.  Oh by the way do you know what the FTC stands for?
Federal Trade Commission.  That is the U.S. Government.  If you read the
June 1999 issue of the Network Marketing magazine that will prove that
Amway's marketing structure is "legal and proper."  May 24, 1979 the FTC
took Amway to court and proved they were "legal and proper and it would be
set as the benchmark for any MLM company that starts in the future."  Put
this on your site.  Do your research my friend.  There are a lot of
dishonest people involved in the Amway business.  I'm not saying who is, but
the WorldWide Dreambuilders teach it right (honestly and ethically). There
are honest people in other organizations and the people who are dishonest
make it bad for the ones who try to do it right. But if you want to hear it
taught right go to a WorldWide function in Atlanta, then Seattle, then L.A.,
then Dallas, etc..  I promise you that you will hear it taught the same way,
not different from location to location.

I am an honest person and would never deceive anyone.  Jesus Christ didn't
why should I? If you want to be involved in an honest business and be around
people who truely care about you email me and get involved with my
organization, The WorldWide Dreambuilders.

Monday, May 29, 2000

Subject: China, you're a legend!

    Howzit boet?

Amway are trying to make some sunny tracks down here in South Africa. You've
inspired me to try and educate these silly people around me who might fall for
it.

Ciao

Thursday, June 01, 2000

    I have to say, there are alot of distributors out there who will use the
techniques that you have mentioned in your story. These people are
responsible for the constant negativity that surrounds the amway
corporation. Not all distributors promote the tapes and meetings etc..as a
necessary step to being successful. Not all distributors conveniently leave
the name "Amway" out of there approach. In fact when I approach someone I
tell them up front that I am promoting the Amway product. I ask them what
they have heard about the Amway Company.
 Many I agree use deceptive techniques in order to"make a quick sell", I and
many others do not. Networkers are responsible for the negative views. Amway
is a respectable company with quality products, and if one chooses, a great
business plan. My aim is to show people the products. If they believe they
are of high quality and can see they might save money, then fine, they will
buy the product. I am merely offering the opportunity to view the products
and letting the person make there own decisions.

Saturday, June 03, 2000

    Dear Russell,

NO, I am not a fanatic (to answer your question). Just someone who has
been reading about Amway on the internet, saw your post with the web
address on the "Insider's Perspective" web site and was intrigued enough
to type it in. I did read the whole thing, and really enjoyed it,
especially the third part where you confronted the diamond over lunch.
What a great story. I hate conflict and would have such a hard time
"going undercover" like you did. That is why I think it is so brave and
SOOO cool that you did. BLESS YOU. I really respect all of the people
who are giving their time and effort (over the internet)  to help others
to make an informed decision. My husband was approached about looking
into quixtar recently. (My husband is starting a business that sells
contract furnishings i.e. to hospitals, nursing homes, offices, etc. His
business partner had been trying to sell some stuff to a the man in
charge of purchasing at the largest hospital in our area. The man
wouldn't hardly give him the time of day, until he joined quixstar as
part of the hospital purchasers downline.) Anyway, a few years ago a man
had challenged us to look at this "business opportunity". My husband and
I said that the only way we could go into it was if buying the products
was a good deal without anyone underneath us. (That is the only way we
could ever be comfortable selling it to anyone else. Especially, since I
am about the farthest  thing from a saleswoman that you can imagine.)
That was obviously not the case and that was the end of that. Quixtar is
in the same category so far. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. It
was really GREAT. Please don't post this to feedback, and don't reply as
I know you can't reply to all the notes you get and I don't want to take
up anymore of your time. Just thanks again.

Thursday, June 08, 2000

    Dear Russell:

I was recently on an Amway Diamond meeting in Buffalo. To tell you the truth I
have never seen so many over ambitious and miserable people together in my
life.In the last one week I have passed through the same process that you've
been through.
I am mailing to let you know that you have done a great job my making this
website. I must admit that it was the most horrible experience of my life. I
am still suffering from the after effects.

Page 46